The PHP Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a programming language which allows web developers to creating dynamic content which interacts with the databases. It is basically used for developing software applications that are web based. Its start goes as a small open source project evolving as more and more techies finding out how useful it was. It was R.Lerdorf who released the first version of PHP in 1994.
PHP is an acronym for "PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor". It is a server side scripting language and is HTML based. It can be used in managing the databases, tracking of sessions, dynamic contents and can build e-commerce sites.
It is an integration of various databases, that includes Oracle, Sybase, MySQL, PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server. PHP Training Institute is pleasant and gives user wonderful experience while it executes and then compiled on Apache module on the Unix based systems. The MySQL server, once is able to execute complex queries with large result set in least time.
PHP supports a number of protocols like Internet Message Access Protocol(IMAP)ad others. For the first time possibility of n-tier development is true now a days, as PHP version 4 has added support for COM(Combined Object Multiple) and CORBA, the distributed object architectures and Java. This language is as for giving as possible. It’s Syntax is synonymous to that of C language.
Some Common uses of PHP
- PHP is able to perform system functions like reading, writing, creating, openingand closing files on a system.
- PHP can handle forms, it can be used for saving and gathering data from files and using email one can send and return datato the user.
- Elements within databases can bemodified,added and deletedusing PHP.
- Access setting cookies variables.
- It few pages of the website are restricted to users for accessing.
- Can encrypt the data.
Below mentioned are some of the important characteristics of PHP:
- It’s Simplicity