One such basic use of Lync Server is instant messaging (IM) and its presence within an organization which includes support for sharing information, file transfer and audio and video communication. Lync uses ICE(Interactive Connectivity Establishment) for NAT(Network address Translation) traversal and TLS(Transport Layer Security)encryption to serve secure voice and video both inside and outside the corporate organizations.
Here are the few updates that are released for Lync Server 2013 :
- KB 3036869 (February 2015 Cumulative Update for Lync Server 2013 Core Management Server)
- KB 2910243 (Description containing terms of cumulative update for Lync Server 2013 Backup Service: January 2014)
- KB 3051949 (May 2015 Cumulative Update forLync Server 2013 Front End Server and Edge Server) KB 3051956 (May 2015 Cumulative Update for Lync Server 2013 Unified Communications Managed API 4.0 Runtime)
- KB 3051953 (May 2015 Cumulative Update for Lync Server 2013 web components server)
- KB 3051951 (May 2015 Cumulative Update for Lync Server 2013 core components)
To install updates for Lync Server 2013 RTM following five steps must be performed :-
Step 1 : Install the cumulative updates
Update of the cumulative server Installer applies all the required updates for the appropriate server role at a single operation.
They are different for Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Pools and Lync Server 2013 Standard Edition and other roles.
Step 2 : Apply the available back-end database updates
After the installation of the updates for the Core Components server for a Lync Server 2013 Enterprise Edition front-end server (or on a Lync Server 2013 Standard Edition server), the SQL database files(updated) are to be dropped to the computer having the Core Components server role installed.
Step 3 : Apply the required Central Management Database update
In case Central Management Store is located on a Lync Server 2010 Standard Edition Server or Enterprise pool, need not run the Install-CsDatabase -Central Management Database command.
Step 4 : Mobility service should be enabled
Step 5: Unified Communications Web API should be enabled
SSDN Technologies, Microsoft Solution Experts Lync Server Training program provides knowledge in the expert level of creating communications for the organization and connecting people around the world.One can learn to configure, implement and administer a Microsoft Lync Server 2013 solution like Conferencing, IM,and Chat.